Dialectic connects your Mac with all your telephones, including landline and mobile, and your VoIP applications. It essentially works as hub, from where you can collect and store numbers and dial them quickly. The application integrates perfectly with applications such as Address Book, FileMaker or Entourage where you can store any new number or access your contacts.
Dialectic can be configured by way of dialing methods such as AppleScripts but you can also store usernames and passwords for all your phones. Dialing rules will be of most use to those of you frequently calling around the world, but can also be set to organize your calls by types, such as as business or private ones.
I can see how Dialectic is aimed at simplifying things for you if you have more than two phones and make calls constantly. However the drawback is that you always need to be working from your Mac and need to ensure that all your phones can connect to it properly.
Dialectic converges all your phones into one interface from where you can dial and store any number.
- Added 64-Bit support (requires Mac OS X 10.6+)
- Added support for Exchange, CardDAV, & LDAP accounts configured in Address Book to the AB menu & window
- Added support for including the called number & contact name in the Asterisk Dial Method configuration caller ID string
- Added support for dialing some Aastra IP phones
- Added option to run incoming call detection AppleScript as first action and return values for the contact name, number, and source